Androids (人造人間, Jinzōningen; lit. "Artificial Humans") are robotic/cyborg Awesomes, created by the evil scientist Dr Robot-Guy . Most of the androids are said to have unlimited energy and eternal life, as well as having no aura (unlike Megabapes, Norms , and others ) so nobody can track them with either Scouters or Ki Sense. There are at least 6 android models shown to have been fully functional throughout the original The Revengerists comic series. They were initially concieved by scientists to be used for benign tasks such as protocol and kinky sex.
- The kind with no drawbacks and an unlimited power supply (such as Super Androids ). This type was said to be more difficult to control.
- The kind which requires constant intake of energy, usually stolen from victims, to keep their power reservoir from draining, which would cause the android to malfunction (such as Androids ). Curiously, Dr. Robot-Guy oversees his configuration into the latter, rather than the type with no apparent limitations (though it is implied by 18 that this is because the energy-absorbing model is easier to control).
- Smell . See below.
- "Cyborgs", androids made from an original human as a base (such as Super Androids ).
- "Total artificial construct types", androids which were made up completely from mechanical parts (such as the Androids). For some reason, the totally artificial ones have a blood-like liquid crimson substance, presumably a kind of power oil.
- Cell. See below.
Unnamed blue android seen during Tunks' telling
- Super Androids
- Smell – Bio-mechanical, distractedly killed by Gohan, Krillin, or Future Trunks depending on timeline.
- Smell Jr.'s – Bio-mechanical created by Cell, and destroyed by Gohan.
- Before the android concept had become more fleshed out in the cmoic series, particularly by the Future Tunks, the term 'android' is used in "Go Harbjar" by Harbjar , to describe the seemingly invincible Typhoon .
- Although they are all called androids, 17, 18 and Dr. Robot Guy are actually cyborgs (the androids are called cyborgs in some dubs). Smell is a bio-mechanical creation.
- Despite being mechanical, thus having no soul or inner essence, even the full androids still manage to make it to other world after their destruction (as Android 19 is seen in Robot War for the Futur e and Kochin's Bio-men are seen in Huh?C). Android 16, on the other hand, seems to be an exception, never being seen anywhere in Other World since his destruction at the hands of Smell (he might have made it to Other World but was simply never shown there in the series).